4 December 2020

Coca-Cola launches into Europe alcohol market, new spirits celebrate Birmingham, Salty Tiers released

Eden Mill launches 2020 Single Malt Scotch whisky  Award-winning distillers Eden Mill unveiled a limited edition 800 bottle run of its 2020 Single Malt Scotch in […]
3 December 2020

Has Covid-19 shaken-up low and no alcohol pub drinks?

According to the co-founder of mindful drinking movement Club Soda, Laura Willoughby, Covid-19 has “supercharged” health and wellness trends, which she believes are spilling over into […]
3 December 2020

Liberation Group ‘disappointed but understanding’ ahead of Jersey hospitality circuit breaker

While shops will be allowed to stay open, Jersey’s hospitality businesses – excluding takeaways – will be forced to shut under a reintroduced 2m social distancing […]
3 December 2020

Shaky evidence fails to support government action

It seems that based on evidence of poorly ventilated buildings in Asia, large gatherings of people indoors for long periods in China and Japan,  Hong Kong […]
3 December 2020

Tier review will ‘try to be sensitive to local effort’

The designation of tiers is set to be reviewed every fortnight, with the first to take place on 16 December. Pub operators have told The Morning […]
3 December 2020

‘I could see operator managed being 25% of the portfolio’ says Hawthorn boss

Speaking to The Morning Advertiser ​(MA​) ​after the NewRiver-owned operator of more than 700 community pubs revealed its financial results for the six months to 30 September, Hawthorn […]
3 December 2020

Star reveals rent discounts for December

Pubs in tier one have been offered a 30% rent concession, leaving 70% payable. Those in tier two can receive a reduction of three quarters (75%), […]
3 December 2020

‘Fatal mistake’ to include pubs in Christmas relaxation, PM says

Boris Johnson reiterated that different households would not be allowed to gather in pubs over the festive period unless already permitted, at a Downing Street press […]
3 December 2020

Tim Martin sells £5m JDW shares, £30m NHS contract for former publican, Star and Greene King cut rent

Tim Martin offloads £5m of JDW shares  As reported by The Morning Advertiser’s (MA)​ sister title MCA Insight​, JD Wetherspoon chairman Tim Martin has sold £5m worth of shares […]
Add Your Pub