Originally built in 1740 for the navvies constructing the Stratford upon Avon canal. The pub is a collection of late 18th and early 19th century two storey whitewashed brick buildings, linked and extended – Grade II listed. It is rumoured to be haunted by the ghost of a 17th century lime kiln worker. A pub since 1832, it was refurbished in the 1990s; comfortable, welcoming interior with a large real fire. Now a Thwaites house, unusual in Solihull.