Since 1750 people have been eating, drinking and staying at
the Odddfellows in Carlton. Originally
the building served as a coaching house on the main Selby to Snaith Road and
was known as the Red Lion until 1850.
The third D in our name came about by accident when a
signwriter, perhaps after a lunchtime drink, painted an extra D on the sign
outside. Since then locals have known
the pub as the Odddies!