Previously a bank, built in 1793 by John Brenchly, this was converted to a pub in November 2013. The splendid architecture of this building has been restored, revealing huge oak columns and panelling. Modern lighting also shows off the central glass dome. There is plenty of space within and a very high ceiling. An extensive menu is available all day and six real ale handpumps sit on the long bar. The very large safe remains in situ below the trading floor.