Welcome to the Cyder House Inn, a warm and welcoming country pub in the heart of the Surrey Hills. The Cyder House Inn is a contemporary pub located in the heart of Shackleford, Surrey, situated in the Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Originally purpose-built as a pub in 1880, it has undergone a number of changes over the years, including at one point brewing its own beer! In June 2008 it was taken over by new owners and underwent a major refurbishment. The pub is now open throughout the day from 11am, and offers morning coffee, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner, as well as a wide range of real ales and lagers, ciders, wines, spirits and soft drinks. The Cyder House has a large car park, and a large outdoor seating area. Children are welcome and there is a large play area adjacent to the pub. Inside there is a restaurant area, a bar with an open fire in the winter and a â€œsnugâ€ area which can hold up to 15 people and is perfect for private functions The pub is particularly popular with ramblers as there are several popular walks based from the pub. Well-behaved dogs, and their owners, are welcome in the pub. The Cyder House Inn is situated in the village of Shackleford, which lies in the Surrey Hills to the south of Guildford. Located next to the A3, its neighbouring towns and villages include Puttenham, Milford, arnham and Godalming. In the 2001 Census Shackleford had a population of over 700 people. The name Shackleford is believed to derive from a \’ford\’ (perhaps over a marshy area or swamp) belonging to a man with the name \’shackle\’ or perhaps a ford secured by chains. Others have speculated that the name derives from the Old English word \’scacol,\’ meaning tongue of land. Many of the houses in the village were built in the 18th century, although there was a further expansion of the village when the railway line was constructed between London and Portsmouth during the mid 19th century, passing through both nearby Godalming and Farncombe.The village includes St. Mary\’s Church which was built in 1865 and designed by Sir George Gilbert Scott, and Aldro School, which sits in the grounds of the former Hall Place and is situated across the road from the Cyder House Inn. Our food philosophy is simple- good seasonal food cooked simply! We are now taking bookings for Christmas for our festive menu check our website. We source all our meat from local producers, who where possible are literally up the road! Please look at our typical menus below for further details or download a copy of the menu go to our website. Food is served all day from midday until 9;30pm Tuesday to Saturday and between midday and 4pm on Sundays and Mondays. There are a number of vegetarian options available, and we also offer half-size childrenâ€™s portions of everything on the menu for the half the price of an adult portion. We also offer a traditional roast every Sunday, with at least two meats to choose form and served with all the trimmings. We offer a broad selection of wines by the glass or bottle from around the world. All the wines compliment our menu, but can also be enjoyed in their own right! We have a broad range of white, red and rosÃ© wines, as well as offering sparkling and desert wines. To download a copy of our wine menu click the â€˜wine listâ€™ tab on our website. To reserve a table for lunch or dinner, or if you have any further questions about the Cyder House, please call us on (01483) 810360 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you shortly at The Cyder House!