Built in 1595, this pub still retains its character. It is a popular and welcoming country dining pub with small linked heavily beamed rooms, famous for enjoyable food from hearty homemade bar snacks, a frequently changing a la carte menu, daily specials and Sunday lunches.
High tables set in the lower bar with a good portfolio of ales and good quality wines. The restaurant is down a couple of steps which is popular with tourists, ramblers and locals alike. The garden area at the front benefits from all day sun and 2 newly developed rear courtyard gardens act as a suntrap throughout the day.