A small corner local, built in 1854. It came into the ownership of the City Brewery (Lichfield) in the 20c; and later to Banks’s Brewery of Wolverhampton. It formerly had a tiny lounge on the left and a very basic bar on the right, but was refurbished in 1992 as a single U-shaped room in bright traditional style. Sold by Banks’s and reopened as a free house in 2004. It reopened as a Black Country Ales pub in Feb 2016. It has a friendly, welcoming atmosphere, and a strong sports following. The pub offers a selection of beers and ciders from twelve handpumps, from Black Country Ales, guest breweries, and two real ciders. Cobs, pork pies and scotch eggs are available throughout the day. Lunchtime meals and Sunday carveries. St Margaret’s bus station is nearby.