Licensed in 1688. The second White Horse (1778) was destroyed by fire in 1881. Leased to Young & Bainbridge at the time, it was rebuilt the following year and enlarged in 1894. The pub operated as a free house from 1883-1977 despite the fact that Charringtons brought the freehold in 1914. Now a large, light and airy M&B pub maintaining a long-standing reputation for quality beer and food. There are six guest ales from regional and microbreweries, a draught Severn cider or perry and unusual foreign beers, with a claimed 135 bottled beers stocked. Pilsner Urquell tank beer is available from a crafted copper tank. The former coach house at the rear is used as a restaurant or for stillage during four annual beer festivals. The pub’s annual Old Ale Festival is one of the biggest. Upstairs a bar opens in the evening and at weekends. The covered patio area in front accommodates outdoor drinkers and smokers, with barbecues in summer.