The first license was issued for this pub in 1810 to Thomas Evans and has been trading for all that time, except for a very short period a few years ago. A smart black and white, roadside establishment with a good local and county wide following. Inside is a long bar area with exposed beams where many pump clips hang telling of past and present beer delights. There are plenty of pictures depicting local scenes. The landlord is a friendly, knowlegable with a warm welcome for regulars and newcomers alike.